Crystal Buffet Quality and Food Safety Commitment
Our Managing Partners have successfully completed the Food Handler Certification Course which is a program developed to increase food safety awareness in food preparation/serving premises.
All hot dishes are prepared with extremely high heat and are kept and stored at a minimum of 60 degrees Celsius (or 140 degrees Fahrenheit). This temperature is maintained through chafing dishes, heat bar and heat lamp infrared from above. We frequently check the food temperature to ensure food temperature requirements are met at all times.
All hot items on the buffet table are kept for a maximum of 2 hours to ensure:
- Quality Standard– to refresh all foods preventing loss of flavour.
- Safety Standard – to eliminate the risk of potential bacteria growth.
Cold foods (salads, dessert) or pre-cook foods are kept and stored below 4 degrees Celsius (40 degrees Fahrenheit) our refrigerating units (walk-in cooler, walk-in freezer, display refrigerator, etc) ensure all health standards are being met.
Crystal Buffet is open daily from 11 am. Lunch is served until 3:30 pm and dinner begins at 4:00 pm. There is a 30 minute transition time during which the buffet is being switched to our dinner menu. Additional items are added and on weekends, our seafood features are amazing!
We have been working closely with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) Public Health Inspectors to maintain the low likelihood of occurrence of a food-borne illness outbreak to protect the health of our valued customers.
Food allergies, food intolerances, and healthy food choices are important issues for us. To that end, we are pleased to offer and adhere to the following:
- A selection of gluten-free items
- Many vegetarian options
- Vegan selections
- No MSG added to our food
- No cross-contamination
- Peanut-free (subject to some exceptions)
* For safety precautions, refer to our in-house Ingredient Guide or consult our staff prior to food consumption. Almost everything in our menu is peanut/nut free. However, we do have some dishes that add cashews and almonds that can be taken out upon request. However, some desserts and ice creams may contain peanut/nuts.